Higgs Construction Ltd has completed a number of projects that you may be aware of.
Below are some examples;
- St Georges Hospital projects – see below.
- Knox Church Rebuild – $4.3m.
- All Souls Church, Church Lane, Merivale – $ 4.8m
- Tait Communications Head Office, Woolridge Rd – $23m.
- Lincoln University New Kitchen, Café & Dining Hall – $7.8m
- 98 Moorhouse Ave, New Commercial Building – $3.4m
- 180 Peterborough Street Apartments – $
- Lincoln University (triple award winning) Landscape Architecture
Building – $ 5.8 million.
- Lincoln University New Kitchen, Café & Dining Hall – Currently nearing completion – $ 4.5 million.
- Otago School of Medicine – Earthquake Remediation Works – Value $7.5 million.
- Westpac Relocation, No.2 & No.7 Show Place – Value $1.73 million.
- Copthorne Hotel, Durham Street, Earthquake Refurbishment – Value $ 3.6 million.
- Westpac Canterbury Centre, Multi Level Fitout – Value $3.3 million.
- Cathedral College Science and Technology Block – Value $2.4 million.
- Gowerton Place CCC Housing Development – Value 3.8 million.
- Westburn School, New Hall / Gymnasium – Design & Build – Value $1.4 million.
- Lincoln High School Gymnasium – Design & Build – Value $ 1.85 million.
- Department of Corrections, Men’s Prison, LSSP Unit – Value $3.36 million.
- Rolleston Community Centre – Value $ 1.9 million.
- Otago School of Medicine – Lab Extensions – Value $1.6 million.
- Department of Corrections, Men’s Prison, Admin Building – $2.42 million.
- St. Michaels School Redevelopment – $ 1.85 million.
St George’s Hospital
We have undertaken many a project at St.George’s Hospital. Our relationship with the St.George’s has developed from our on going commitment to delivering their special projects on time, working with them to achieve their budgets and our ability to work alongside them in their environment ensuring little disruption to their operation.
Our main achievements at St.George’s are the construction of their Clinical Services Building which houses Pacific Radiology on the ground floor, The new Cancer Care Wing, New Main Entrance and the Canon Wilford Wing. We commenced construction in 2001 on the new Canon Wilford Wing and have continued to construct further projects with St.George’s Hospital. We are currently working there undertaking numerous earthquake remediation projects.
Below is an outline of the major projects we constructed.
- St Georges Hospital Redevelopment – New Cress Wing (under construction) $48m.
- St Georges Hospital Redevelopment – New Clinical Services Building $43m.
- St Georges Hospital Redevelopment – New Entrance and Cancer Care Unit $12.8m
- Cancer Care Wing – Consisting of Accelerator Bunkers, Suites and Administration $7.4m.
- Canon Wilford Wing – Consisting of Theatres, New Wards, Administration and underground Carpark Facilities $12m.
- Following the construction of the Canon Wilford Wing we constructed a further $ 11m worth of projects on a negotiated basis. Some of these projects were:
- ICU / Cath Lab
- Radiology Building
- George Seymour Wing
- Charlotte Jane Wing
- Theatres 1 and 2 Refurbishment
- Recovery Building
- Southern Eye Fitout and Refurbishment
- Heritage Building & Birthing Units Alterations