Higgs Construction Ltd has completed a number of projects that you may be aware of. Below are some examples;
- Lincoln University New Kitchen, Café & Dining Hall - $7.8m
- 98 Moorhouse Ave, New Commercial Building - $3.4m
- Lincoln University (triple award winning) Landscape Architecture
Building - $ 5.8 million.
- Lincoln University New Kitchen, Café & Dining Hall – Currently nearing completion - $ 4.5 million.
- Otago School of Medicine – Earthquake Remediation Works - Value $7.5 million.
- Westpac Relocation, No.2 & No.7 Show Place – Value $1.73 million.
- Copthorne Hotel, Durham Street, Earthquake Refurbishment – Value $ 3.6 million.
- Westpack Canterbury Centre, Multi Level Fitout – Value $3.3 million.
- Cathedral College Science and Technology Block – Value $2.4 million.
- Anchorage Road Development - $ 1.3 Million – Completion Nov 2012.
- Gowerton Place CCC Housing Development – Value 3.8 million.
- Westburn School, New Hall / Gymnasium – Design & Build - Value $1.4 million.
- Lincoln High School Gymnasium – Design & Build - Value $ 1.85 million.
- Department of Corrections, Men’s Prison, LSSP Unit – Value $3.36 million.
- Rolleston Community Centre – Value $ 1.9 million.
- Otago School of Medicine – Lab Extensions – Value $1.6 million.
- Department of Corrections, Men’s Prison, Admin Building - $2.42 million.
- St.Michaels School Redevelopment - $ 1.85 million.
St George's Hospital
We have undertaken many a project at St.George’s Hospital. Our relationship with the St.George’s has developed from our on going commitment to delivering their special projects on time, working with them to achieve their budgets and our ability to work alongside them in their environment ensuring little disruption to their operation.
Our two main achievements at St.George’s are the construction of their new Cancer Care Wing and the Canon Wilford Wing. We commenced construction in 2001 on the new Canon Wilford Wing and have continued to construct further projects with St.George’s Hospital. We are currently working there undertaking numerous earthquake remediation projects.
Below is an outline of the major projects we constructed.
- Cancer Care Wing – Consisting of Accelerator Bunkers, Suites and Administration $7.4m.
- Canon Wilford Wing – Consisting of Theatres, New Wards, Administration and underground Carpark Facilities $12m.
- Following the construction of the Canon Wilford Wing we constructed a further $ 11m worth of projects on a negotiated basis. Some of these projects were:
- ICU / Cath Lab
- Radiology Building
- George Seymour Wing
- Charlotte Jane Wing
- Theatres 1 and 2 Refurbishment
- Recovery Building
- Southern Eye Fitout and Refurbishment
- Heritage Building & Birthing Units Alterations
Over the past six years we have constructed over $21 million of negotiated projects for Legacy Corporation. These projects were high density residential developments. We were involved at the early outset on a number of these projects throughout the design phase to ensure the developments were being designed to reflect efficient construction costs. One of the projects was a design and build option.
- Mathesons Road High Density Development – 33 Apartments - $ 4.1million.
- Bordesley Street Apartments, Stage 1 & 2 – 34 Apartments - Value $ 4.05 million.
- Calibre Apartments, Stage 1 & 2 – 46 Apartments - Value $ 5.96 million.
- 83 Bordesley Street, 10 No. Residences’, Design & Build – Value $2.26 million.
- Cashel Street Apartments – Value $3.6 million.